We are looking for dynamic team members who want to work alongside us to make a difference in our community. Gone are the days of standing on the sidelines and waiting for someone else to do the work; we want to work with someone who is ready to multiply the number of Black Math Geniuses!
We are seeking tutors for Black Math Genius (BMG), our online math-based solution to address many of the barriers to advancement in our community. The ideal candidate will be familiar with BMG, its offerings, and desire to help us scale the program, and ensure members are getting the superior customer service for which Urban Intellectuals is known.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the overall mission, vision, and values of Urban Intellectuals. They will be able to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment that is fun, family-first oriented, and committed to the community. It is imperative this person agrees with our positioning to advance the global Black community.
Strong foundational mathematics skills are required.
Candidates with a teaching/tutoring background and knowledge of coding languages (specifically Python) preferred.
This position is 100% virtual, flexible, and rewarding.
If you are interested in working with Urban Intellectuals and Black Math Genius, we would love to hear from you.
We are changing the world and we take pride in our client’s expressed appreciation for the work we are doing. With your assistance, we can do even more for our community and future!
- Read the Job description below the apply button
- Click the apply button below to fill out the form and apply with your interest
Black Math Genius PLUS
Math Tutor- Job Description
SEEKING A DYNAMIC LEADER, MATH ENTHUSIAST, AND CHANGE MAKER.
Urban Intellectuals is looking for a dynamic leader, math enthusiast, and change maker with a strong interest in helping the Black community.
The Black Math Genius Tutor serves on the front line of the Black Math Genius+ Tutoring program.
They are critical to making sure students receive tutoring that brings out their inner genius by providing a deep conceptual understanding of concepts, being extremely patient with students, and building students’ mathematical confidence.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in and able to teach math topics between Algebra and Pre-Calculus.
Available for a minimum 2 hours/week
Mondays – Thursdays between 7:30 – 10:00 PM EST
Location: 100% Remote
- Facilitating-small group math tutoring sessions as needed and scheduled
- Providing feedback to the team after conducting tutoring sessions
- Attending weekly team meetings for professional development
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong interest in helping the Black community: High expectations for students and respect for students and families
- Reflective and receptive to providing and receiving professional feedback
- Collaborative, collegial, goal-oriented, mission-driven, accountable, responsible, self-managed, and self-motivated with effective communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Time management and punctuality
- Must be a digital native, and very comfortable using the following: Google Meet, Google Calendar, Zoom, and OneNote as well as being adaptable to new software and systems
- The ability to work independently and remotely
- Flexibility with hours and working times
- Familiarity with education requirements as well as specific proficiency in mathematics